Friday, August 19, 2011

Dog Driver License

This is such a cute story that my reader forwarded it to me and I would like to share with all of you. And I think getting our fur friends an up to date ID Tag is a must. Birthday is a perfect time for you to remember and exam the tag. Do you check your pet’s tag recently?


Here is the story.
Since we're talking about how much we spoil our pet, I immediately thought about how I recognized my puppy's birthday last weekend.


Little Luna Lovegood, my black Labrador Retriever, just turned two years old. Here's the thing: My dog makes me smile often throughout my day. She listens when I tell her to behave. She's a goofball when I need to see some silliness. When the kids are in chaos mode, she walks over to me as if to say, "Sister, we have a problem." And she cuddles into the cutest little ball next to me at night while I'm reading.
So Luna is definitely worthy of a birthday celebration.



My kids wanted to bake her a cake, but I had to talk them down by letting them know how sick it would make her. We settled on making her a really crazy-filled Kong (peanut butter, chunks of cheese and her favorite dog treats), the boys sang to her, and we put her birthday hat on for a few photos (and more treats).

But there are some dog owners who throw birthday parties for their canine companions. And I can't be snarky about that because you know what? I think it would be kind of cute to do that one day...just without hiring a party planner and spending a wad of cash. And instead of having other dogs over, it would just be the boys and my husband (who is probably rolling his eyes in embarrassment right now).

Source: shine from yahoo
ID4Pet.com

No comments:

Post a Comment